Submitted: 04-26-2000 by MJL

Just got it, and have had it out twice on a 21k acre local lake (Lavon, in North Texas). Got it for two main reasons, after considering and sitting in but not paddling the Loon 100, 120, Dagger Bayou and Delta: it is short enough to fit in my van and the cockpit is the largest available on a kayak that can do so. Have been using an Old Town discovery133, rigged with oars, mainly to fish, but at 75 pounds it is just a bit too heavy to get on and off my van by myself comfortably. The 111 is about as fast as the canoe, but I get to see where I am going (but cannot turn around to see where I have been), stable, no problem at all to load and unload through the back door, and once I get adjusted will almost certainly hold everything I need. Seems to track well in a mild wind (maybe 15knots), and is fine in light wind.

Freedom Hawk Kayaks: