Submitted: 07-02-2007 by Yooperblock

I have had my Sirocco for one year now (see review below for 7-7-06) and can say that some things have changed for me in that boat due to experience. I have become a somewhat better paddler and don't use the skeg as much anymore, yet I still do drop it now and again in wind. The boat is a real weathercocker, but I think most boats in the 16+ foot length class are. The skeg helps here. The boat rarely feels tippy anymore, save for in 2-3 footers from the side. Even this is becoming easier for me; this boat takes the surf nicely, but it is a wet ride as it knifes through waves more than it rides up over them. It's actually kind of fun!
My front bulkhead leaks some, but I am nothing more than a day tripper anyway so I don't even use any hatches but the day hatch.
The backband has turned out to be more than adequate; my back is never sore and I am quite comfortable with the whole seating system. I really like this boat and plan to keep it for quite some time as my skills need to continue to develop.

Katadyn: