Submitted: 06-29-2007 by msojka
I have had my Safari for about 4 years. I bought it used from an on-line classified.
This boat has seen a lot of use in the past four years. It has been on lakes and Class 3- rapids many times. I also have an Aire Lynx, Strike, and tandem Caracal. Though I like those boats better in Class 3+ whitewater, the Safari is amazing in its ability to punch through waves. It is almost uncanny how stable this little boat is once you get it in white water. Also, you can really surf this boat in holes, whereas my other boats really make you work hard to surf.

Pros: light-weight, cost, maneuverability, surfing, fun-factor, lake paddling. The tracking fin is great for lake use.
Cons: my model was only rated to 180lbs - a 250 lb friend used the boat and had great difficulty with tipping over. I would be reluctant to try this boat in Class 3+ water, but, maybe I should try it - it always amazes me. Small boat for overnighters. Though the boat is tough and handles srcaping over river rocks, it is susceptible to pin holes from things like blackberry bushes.