Submitted: 06-26-2007 by Matt

The Expedition Sport is my first "stripper" but about the 20th kayak I have owned. Everything that "Oneocean" says about the boat is true.

It is a wonderful craft to paddle: lively without being unpredictable or tippy, carries a load well, tracks straight, efficient at touring speeds and so on. I have now done hundreds of kilometers in it, from calm water, to moving (but open) rivers, to difficult open ocean conditions. It handled all of it well.
I am 78kg, and the boat is sized well for me. I have had up to 25kg of gear in it, which takes it slightly past its maximum recommended load. If you are bigger and intend to camp from it, I recommend the full sized version.
The pinched keel works to track the boat in all but the strongest quartering winds: I intend to build a rudder for it but at this stage have not done so.

I have no problems in giving this fine design a perfect "10".

New York Kayak Co.: