Submitted: 06-26-2007 by paddlepusher

I purchased a Prodigy from EMS after much research here at Paddling.net. I had tried a Pamilco but I felt tippy at the slightest shift of weight. I decided, as a middle-aged female & newbie to kayaking, secondary stability was my main concern & the Prodigy fit my needs. I work out in a gym 5 days a week, but I was still concerned about my balance & my core stability on water. I had it out today for the second time on a choppy lake (high winds) & we did real well. I was able to stop & take photos without feeling like I was headed for the drink. It's not fast by a long shot & my upper arms get a great workout but it's worth it, while I learn & gain confidence. I love the large cockpit as I am 5'8" & any smaller would make me claustrophobic. The seat is comfy & I have ample leg room. I would recommend to anyone who is new at kayaking & finding their core balance.