Submitted: 06-25-2007 by ELM

Sonoma 13.5 - I LOVE this boat! I traded in my LiquidLogic boat for this much lighter and sleeker boat. As everyone says it is prone to tipping over. However, I found that after 20 minutes of being in this boat for the first time that tipping was not a problem. It is quite stable to me now. It is important to note that your physical dimensions will be a factor in how well you "fit" into this boat. It is designed for a smaller paddler or woman.

This boat is fast, it tracks well and will cross a large lake with minimal exertion. It does get pushed around in the wind a little bit, but I have had no problem compensating. The cockpit is fairly small. That works great for me as I no longer bang my elbows as I did with the LiquidLogic. However if I have to get out for some reason getting back in while in the water isn't always easy.

Overall I adore this boat. My mother nearly stole it out from under me! With my tricky back and neck this boat is a perfect fit, light weight and fast. Not to mention she is oh so pretty. Too bad they stopped making it...