Submitted: 06-25-2007 by K D

Just bought it new this summer. I was looking for a rec boat with plenty of room in the cockpit (I'm about 5'10 and 225lbs), good stability, but not too slow so that I struggle to keep up with friends that have narrow day touring boats.

This boat fits the bill perfectly. I tried about 8 boats before this one and it was no contest. I've been fishing out of it and it is VERY stable. Had a storm blowing in the other night and had to rush back in - no problem keeping up with my friend in his 16ft touring boat. I love the roomy cockpit and the padded thigh braces. Debating whether or not to install a front bulkhead -- it makes good fishing pole storage without one, but I guess I can install a rod holder behind me. The only thing I don't like is that the cockpit is so long that it's really a stretch to try and reach anything you attach to your front deck rigging.
I give it a 9.4/10