Submitted: 06-21-2007 by GAK

Inflatable sit-on-top. Two seater.
I bought this as a tender for my 29ft sailboat. Previous experience with Old town Nantucket sea kayak, Malibu II sit-on-top and Advanced Elements Advanced Frame inflatable kayak.

This is not a fast kayak. It will get you there in the end, but it does not glide as smoothly as the Nantucket kayak. This is also not a light kayak to haul around: OK if moving it short distances when folded, but still a significant weight to carry any distance.

Benefits are the fact that it can be easily deflated and stored. Drying out is definitely easier than the Advanced Frame kayak (one less layer of material to dry). It tracks reasonably well, not as good as the Malibu II, not as good as the Advanced Frame, certainly not as good as the Nantucket.
Will pull to one side, then the other in a glide.

Very comfortable to paddle but need paddles longer than the 87" paddle I used, due to the size of the outer air chambers. Turns very easily.
Easy to get kayak on board sailboat with 2' freeboard; just pull up one end up first, the rest will follow with reasonable exertion. Tracking is not up to Advanced Frame level, but still relatively easy to paddle in a straight line.
I tied this up to my swim ladder, lay back for a moment and discovered a secret with an inflatable: I woke up an hour and a half later, feeling very relaxed... very, very comfortable.

Being a sit-on-top the ride is definitely wet. The stability is very good: I chased down all and every good sized wake coming my way: very stable, even side ways. Able to drape both legs over same side without a problem. Even stood up to see if I could....
Will continue review after next 'sea trial'...

Spirit Sails: