Submitted: 06-20-2007 by RMH

I recently bought a kestrel 120 rotomolded. It is a nice kayak I took it through some rapids with some very large rocks and it only has a couple scratches on the bottom so it is very durable. The tracking is ok but the bow does seem to go back and forth with each paddle stroke. I am not sure if I need to learn to paddle better or a skeg I will see. The hatch leaks but I am not using it for rolling so thats not too big of a deal. It is a bit heavy but I can transport it fine enough by myself and it is much better than transporting canoes. This is my first kayak and I am only 17, so I wouldn't take my opinion as an expert, but overall this kayak is pretty good. Easy to get in and out of. The reason it is a nine is because of the leaky bulkhead and its funny tracking. It also will turn to one side or the other when gliding. Overall a nice kayak.