Submitted: 06-19-2007 by HJL

After taking this for a few trips on different rivers, I find that I would rather take my canoe. Bear in mind that this is my first kayak, though I have been canoeing for years. I found on my last trip that this boat does not track well through the water, I am constantly fighting to keep it in a straight line. This does take some fun out of a trip in addition to making extra work, my right side got much more of a workout due to the boat wanting to turn in that direction. I will have to look for a way to modify this boat to keep it in straight line. The nice thing is this boat is inexpensive and lightweight. It has a very large cockpit, making it difficult to locate a sprayskirt for this model, but a small child will fit in front of you quite nicely. It feels fairly stable in the water and turns moderately well. All in all for the price one can't complain too much. It would be a good pick for someone new to kayaking. As it will give a good reference point for the next kayak purchase.