Submitted: 06-15-2007 by JeffG

I purchased my WS Pamlico 100 two years ago and realized after the first trip I was a genius. My first outing was in early May. A sunny morning with calm winds and only a few fishing boats on Delavan Lake. After a long winter missing the paddling I did the perfectly normal thing and cruised the length of the lake. (did I mention my IQ level?) After covering the 4 to 5 miles (approx) down wind (did you know wind can sneak up on you?) I turned back into a stiff breeze of perhaps 10 - 15 mph. It was then I realized what a great purchase I had made. The boat tracked true and I made steady headway with minimal water intake from the 1-2 foot waves being created by mother nature. Did I mention the few fishing boats? Well, by this time, since the temp had risen into the mid 70s I was joined by some 20 - 25 ft. power boats that also were assisting mother nature in challenging my wisdom of a 5 hour trip the first time out for the season. When I finally arrived at my friends home, I rested in the boat for about 10 minutes before attempting to exit onto terra firma. The large cockpit made this an easy job for this 57 year old.
All in all, a great kayak for the money. A real 10 out of 10.