Submitted: 06-14-2007 by thetrailboss

My fiancee uses this boat. We purchased new kayaks in April at the local Eastern Mountain Sports (thanks to advice from this forum). I own and use the Pamlico 100. That said, I can offer some feedback based on her use (five days on calm water) and my 2 days in her boat (calm water on the Conn. River).

The price ($299 - 15% ) could not be beat. She got a good deal. She likes it because it is a basic boat. She likes using it on flat water and liked the open cockpit. The fact that it does not have hatch or riggings for gear (there is a small rigging for holding the paddle) was a positive for her... she wanted a basic boat.

Biggest gripe: the seat is not comfortable if you are wearing a PFD. She now prefers to not wear her PFD because of it... not a good idea in my opinion. She also has to use a rolled up towel to give more support for her lower back.
She likes how it looks, how it handles (good tracking and handling).

In comparison to the Pamlico: this boat sits a lot higher in the water and felt less stable to me. It is more tipsy, but one can lean into a turn more than my boat. Handling and tracking, other than this tipsy feeling, is about the same.
The Pamlico seat is much more comfortable. I wear the same model PFD as she does and have no problem.

Good basic boat. It replaced the ever-so popular Swifty from what I have read and heard.