Submitted: 06-13-2007 by Jon D

This is my second touring kayak, my first being a Wildsys Tempest 165. 5ft 9", 150 pounds. I love this boat. I had to make additional notches in the footrest stays for my size 13s to fit in. Otherwise, I am very happy.

Moving from the highly touted Wildsys seating system to a "bucket" made me a little apprehensive, but it works, and works well. A very fast boat, I have no issues keeping up with the hardcore guys at all. Very good primary and secondary stability, better than my Tempest. Way less rocker. Skeg? Don't need to use it, which is a pleasant surprise. The kayak shop kept trying to get me into a larger boat, but all my gear fits, and I hate to buy the extra space "just in case". Besides, it's less boat to move in the water. Very good tracking, and at my weight and size in the boat, it behaves very well in wind and waves. The customer service is top notch as well.