Submitted: 06-12-2007 by agongos
We purchased 2 used Dagger Specter 15.5, 2004 models, this now being June 2007. I think that's the first year they came out.
Love how it handles on rivers & open water, does well in choppy too. As said there is some side movement corrected by edging, but you get that with any number of kayaks. My concern is with the seat mounts, They were cracking, particularly where the back support attaches. The dealer was no help at all, Dagger came through with repair suggestions involving epoxy and cevlar. They did not take any responsibility for the design flaw, though. We repaired the mounts with our own heavy duty epoxy and cut up truck mud flaps. Sanded, cut to fit, glued and clamped, and better than new.
So watch those seat mounts, but we're betting this was corrected in the next years' models.