Submitted: 06-11-2007 by Eric

Once installed, the hoister is great. Installation was certainly a pain--I wish I could say it took me only a couple hours as some here have "complained," but it took me considerably longer than that. The mystical instructions were certainly a contributing factor, though I must also blame the fact that the ceiling in my garage is close to 12" high, is finished with sheet rock, and (as I discovered) has the rafters going perpendicular to what the instructions assume. I spent a good deal of time measuring and remeasuring and transferring measurements from ceiling to floor via a plumb line, because I didn't want to miss a joist. So I had to improvise on the already mystical instructions quite bit and ended up making at least three trips to the hardware store for things I was missing. Now that it's been installed for many months, however, the frustration of that Saturday is long forgotten and I love it. It works great, hoisting our 73 lb. Eddyline Whisper CL like a charm.

Aqua-Bound: