Submitted: 06-11-2007 by LB

I bought the Ojibay brand new for $350 from the local Old town dealer. I have had the boat for a couple of years. I have found the boat to be uncomfortable on any trip over a half hour. The rear seat was horrible; was on my knees paddling more than in the seat. I can barely keep the canoe going in a straight line. The weight is terrible; I can move our 20' wood and canvas canoe easer than the ojibway. The molded gunnels make it impossible to get any water out of the poorly placed drain hole.

I will admit that the boat was a fun water toy. We have put the boat through hell and back and it has come out a champ. The boat is cheap and tough. I would only recommend the boat to persons just getting into canoing.

It is great for kids to play with. But the lack of refinement forces me to give it a low score.