Submitted: 06-07-2007 by redmond
Just tried out my new Sprinter last night (strictly flatwater). Is it tippy? Depends on your frame of reference. I tried a lifeguard spec surf ski once and had to dangle my legs in the water to stay upright. So, if you're coming from a surf ski, this thing is solid. If you're coming from a typical SOT, it's a little tippy. For me, it was feeling pretty good after 100 yds or so.

This boat is a hoot! My easy cruising pace got me 4.5 mph on GPS, fast cruising 5-5.5 mph. Hard for me to get it above 6. It's a very wet ride. The water was at the top of the scuppers as the boat was sitting by itself. I'm 190 lbs and I sat in a pool. Didn't bother me, just lettin' ya know.
The footpegs are very narrow. I just fit my size 8 Chota Nunavut heels into them. This boat was really made for small people, short and light. I wouldn't suggest it for anyone heavier than I am, as a matter of fact, I think 150 lbs or less would be better. The seat was very comfortable but it does need a backband. It also needs handles in the middle of the boat. The gas pedal rudder works well once its set up. It appears to be a Swede form design, but the bow is very high volume. Because of this, it might make for a good multi-sport boat (flat water to Class II stuff). I'll try that out later.
Maneuverability is good, the rudder is handy when you're trying for speed. More maneuverable than my Tarpon 160, similar to Manta Ray 14, less than Synergy 14. Can't wait to get it in some textured water.