Submitted: 06-06-2007 by Loon

This is our third kayak and I have several friends (all with different boats) so I have experience with quite a few. I have back problems and need to adjust my position often. I was looking at the 14' Tsunami but the cockpit seemed too confining for my problem. The big cockpit and comfortable seat of the Pungo seemed to fit my need.

Our local store didn't have the 140 but did have the 120 for under $600, so I bought it. The boat really is comfortable. Because of the phase 3 seating it should work well for just about everyone. There is good storage. I can fit a small cooler in front of my feet providing easy access. The dry storage is enough for me - we rarely go out for more than day trips. The boat does move side to side as you paddle. This is probably more due to its length than hull design. My friends with longer boats noticed it right away when they tried the boat. The boat doesn't cut waves as well as some others. You will likely get wet in good chop. I think this is related to the front end design. Both of these problems can be resolved with slower, more relaxed paddling and may not affect everyone. But I paddle upstream and against the wind quite a bit so there is some pretty strong paddling going on at times. For heading down stream this boat is great. The comfort and roominess of the cockpit are wonderful. Haven't had it out on flat water yet.