Submitted: 06-05-2007 by raynik01

Purchased the Delta 12.10 a few weeks ago. I haven't had it out very much -- about five times. Two of those times were on tidal rivers, with wind 15-20mph. The other times were on a very calm lake. I'm 6'2", 220 lbs.

Initial impression: The kayak is very stable -- able to enter and exit easily. Top speed for me was 4.9mph. Able to cruise at around 3.5mph. Tracks very well, and heading into the wind was enjoyable. I felt very confident in the little boat. It's also comfortable -- my legs never cramped, and they have in other kayaks. The only problem encountered were small leaks in both bow and stern compartments. Found an extremely small leak in forward bulkhead which will be simple to repair. Did not see one in stern bulkhead, concluded that stern hatch leaked. It is a large hatch, held in place by bungee cords. Hopefully tightening those cords will help. The boat is very light and easy to cartop. It appears well made, and is quick and responsive. I consider the leaks a minor irritation, and rate it a 9 only because of those leaks. Everything else about it is excellent and I intend to keep it.

I sent several emails regarding leaks to the company. They were very responsive and helpful. I understand a new gasket is being developed, so this problem should be corrected shortly. Having read the horror stories about dealing with some companies, I was very surprised and pleased at this company's response. I would not hesitate to purchase another of their kayaks. In my opinion, a great kayak and a great company.