Submitted: 06-04-2007 by dmstrobel

I tested out all kinds of kayaks including Current Designs, Necky, PH, Epic, and the Wilderness for a period of six months. I finally chose the Wilderness Pro 170 (Kevlar) because the dealer was selling it at a good discount since it was an older model that they discovered in their storage.

It fit like an expensive glove, and the stability was good for me who is somewhat afraid of the water, but loves it. The boat could do everything that was asked of it. It edges well and does not weathercock as severe as the P&H boats without the skeg.

I did have a minor problem with a leak in the day hatch cowling which was epoxied by the store, Calif Canoe and Kayak. They supported me and made the ownership of the Wilderness enjoyable. This was done even though Wilderness no longer allows them to sell their boats.