Submitted: 05-30-2007 by guinnessstout

Terrific.
After much research, I decided on the Malibu Two XL, hoping to find a kayak appropriate for me to use as a single or as a tandem with my wife, 11-year old daughter, or all three of us. I could not be happier. We just took the kayak out on Lake Champlain, where we plan to use it often. Even with all three of us aboard in 20 mph winds, the boat was stable and tracked well, even when I was the only one paddling. Both my eleven year old and my wife, complete novices, were instantly hooked. When I took it out myself, using the center seat, it was terrific. It is a bit heavy - I'm a strong guy and it was all I could do to carry it. Get a cart if you have to handle this by yourself unless you have another adult handy. You do get a little wet, but I suggest an upgrade to a higher quality seat, which will help. Very comfortable, even with all three of us, and I am six feet tall and weigh 220.