Submitted: 05-30-2007 by Kyle
I have had my Huki surfski for almost one year now. I mostly paddle on reservoirs and lakes, and have not had the opportunity to try it in the ocean with true swells, where I can imagine it would fly on the waves.
I was looking for a fast workout/racing boat, and decided that a good summer boat would be a ski. I know of others that use this boat year 'round in cold waters.
Coming from an Eddyline Merlin LT took only a bit of getting used to. My balance is quite good, so that certainly helped the learning curve. I find the Huki to be well balanced and reward a good forward stroke.
  • Finish: a 10
  • Weight: at 27 lbs. a joy to cartop and SO efficient through the water
  • Stability: better than a Thunderbolt, but less so than a QCC 600
  • Ease of paddling: this boat cuts through the water without effort. With the gas pedal steering and full time moveable skeg, it tracks like a dream. I rarely have to touch the steering toe pedal to correct direction; it tracks like a train
  • Comfort: I personally love the feeling of settling down into the deep seat and find it very comfortable