Submitted: 05-30-2007 by Bob

I decided to buy a SOT to go on a solo camping / fishing trip in the Quetico / Boundary Waters parks. I had no kayaking experience, so I read a lot of reviews and visited a lot of websites before deciding on the Kingfish. I got a great deal from Gander Mountain (under $400).
I'm 6' tall and 210 lbs. That's about as big as this boat can hold. I loaded it with about 70 lbs. of gear and took off on the trip. Even fully loaded (I think it's rated for about 350 lbs.), it rode the waves well. The boat is very stable and I had no problem fishing. It's not exactly made for portaging, but by the end of the week, I was getting pretty good at carrying it from lake to lake.

This is a good, stable boat. I never had any concerns when I had it on the water even in high winds and waves. It did everything I wanted it to do. For the price, this is a winner.