Submitted: 05-22-2007 by kor4pres
Loved the boat! It's light, it moves very well, and it was easy to keep on course. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get moving and keep it there. I'm sure full touring boats would get up to speed easier, but as for keeping the boat moving, it was a breeze.
Plenty of storage, a little tight for my size 13s, but nothing unmanageable. The foot pegs could stand to be able to go down one or two more notches. The seat is really comfortable, too. Given my size (6'1", 280lbs--probably the reason it took a little work to get it up to cruising speed....), the boat has been nothing but a perfect choice for a rec kayak that goes fast (or an entry touring that keeps up just fine). They designate it a hybrid. I designate it excellent. I was using mine on a nice calm lake, and was able to sneak up on turtles and herons with impunity. I've not taken it out in inclement weather of any sort--just haven't had the chance.
It's gorgeous, too! It's a nice, bright yellow, with a hint of lime green that comes out on the portions that catch the light. Very shiny, like the more expensive composites. The 52lb weight is definitely a shoulder-saver when car-topping.

Basically, if it just had a little more foot-space, and slightly longer adjustments for the foot-pegs, it'd be a 10.