Submitted: 05-21-2007 by jboggs
I've managed a half-dozen outings in the month I've owned my T16. I'm convinced that Mike Steines (owner of Enlightened) and designer John Winter have put together one of the best general purpose kayaks on the market, especially when you factor in price. I've just completed the annual Support Strokes event, a 15.5-mile paddle around Alameda Island in SF Bay — third time I've done it, each time in a different kayak. The T16 provided, by far, the most comfortable, least fatiguing, most enjoyable ride. Long waterline provides a very respectable cruising pace. Light weight and good design result in less effort required to get where you're going. Initial and secondary stability are excellent—good platform for photography, fishing, etc., as well as straight out paddling. Doesn't weathercock — I've yet to use the rudder. Responds readily to leans, carves well, just a very easy boat to enjoy. Also a responsive and responsible company . All in all — a very good product at an excellent price.