Submitted: 05-21-2007 by L. Nagle

Since I have never paddled a boat before (sail and power only) I cannot rate the Sevylor Rio in comparison with anything else. What I have found is that it was inexpensive enough to take a chance on, light enough for me to carry, and is a good boat.
From out of bag to inflated, gear stowed and ready to set out is about five minutes. He paddles well I think in that I have no previous experience paddling, but he tracks just fine, and is easily held on course or turned. He does have a bit of weather helm and wind is an issue if it is strong. I am not very strong, but even into a light wind I can outpace hikers on the shore. Stable in roll, easy into and ont of. Seems well made. I love my new rubber ducky! I cannot rate in comparison with other boats, but give a ten because it meets or exceeds all my expectations.
PS: hardest part is getting it back into duffel!