Submitted: 05-14-2007 by 3hrTour

I have owned my Tracer for a bit over 2 years. It is one of 4 boats that I have owned and one of two that I currently own. Overall, I am very happy with this boat and cannot think of another boat that I could have bought used that would provide as much bang for the buck. It is a boat that is still allowing me to hone my existing skills and learn new ones. I strongly suggest you consider this boat.

Good Points: Light weight, Good looks, Good secondary stability, Great value, Durable/easy maintenance (can still beat it up like a plastic boat but get weight/stiffness of a composite). Very responsive. Great glide (percieved by both me and paddle partners)

Negatives: Hatches let "mosisture" in -certainly don't flood but not bone dry either when edging/rolling. I had a small crack in mine where the skeg control is (fixed well with epoxy/glass) -I think it was damaged during shipping but noticed well after I took delivery.

Not so much a good/bad thing but this boat weathercocks (2005 model) substantially. The skeg does a good job of controlling the weathercocking and I can even steer the boat to weathercock or leecock in broaching winds.

I certainly do not have any doubts that buying this boat was a good decision and expect it to be in my fleet for a long time.

Thunder Bay Tourism: