Submitted: 05-10-2007 by mwvhome

This was to be my second boat. I bought this boat over the winter. I looked at this same boat new last year and when I found one that was used as a demo at a shop, I bought it. Like I said, I bought it over the winter so I had not chance of test paddling it here in New England. Well, we've gone directly from winter to summer here in Maine and the other day it was 85 degrees and I loaded up my kayak I've been waiting all winter to paddle. I wasn't in the boat for 5 minutes and I knew I had made a big mistake. It PLOWED terribly! Taking a leisurly stroke here and there fine, trying to get the boat moving.... I was throwing water all over the place. Also, and I should have noticed this ... I know better now... This boat is round on the bottom...No chines whatsoever. Perception calls this a rec boat with touring style features.. hmmm a drop skeg that did absolutely nothing to help in tracking. Needless to say, I have since sold the boat and got myself a Dagger Catalyst 13!! Yeah ME!