Submitted: 05-10-2007 by mwvhome

I just had to review this boat because I can't stop telling people how much I love my boat. This is my third boat. I got rid of the past two because I found things that I wasn't happy with about them. My first boat was the LL Bean Calypso. Nice boat but tracked poorly and because it was so light (38 lbs.) got easily blown around by wind. I replaced that boat with a Perception Pacifica 12 with drop skeg. Paddled that boat for 15 minutes before I decided I hated it. It plowed terribly. Sold that, and got my hands on this Dagger Catalyst and WOW!!! I love this boat. I've only had it out twice so far but I just love it. It's fast, tracks completely straight (even without the use of the rudder) I had it on the lake the other day when the wind crept up on us and I had such and easy time crossing the lake in whitecaps. I felt completely in control and not nervous at all. Highly recommended!!