Submitted: 05-10-2007 by mwvhome

We bought this boat for our 13 year old daughter as she was outgrowing her Acadia Scout (which she passed down to our 7 year old- also a great boat). The Element suits our needs perfectly. I tried this boat out myself and was extremly happy with the way this boat performed for an 11' boat. It outperformed a different 12' boat we had and got rid of because of poor tracking and plowing. I paddle a Dagger Catalyst 13 with rudder and she had no problem keeping up with me on the lake the other day and we had some wind and waves. It's stable, it's got good tracking, and it's got some nice hard chines. This is the best looking, and best performing 10-12 foot boat we've had and we've had a few. I'm giving it a 10 because it suits our needs perfectly. We wanted a boat my daughter could paddle (and paddle well-not struggle) and also a boat that anyone could use if they wanted. We also wanted something that performed well, and that it does!