Submitted: 05-09-2007 by dmcgraw7

I have the Sevylor Rio and I like it for fishing and short runs. I've paddled it slowly down stream on the South Platte river near Evans and in various lakes near Boulder and Loveland. I might take it down some faster water in July. The Rio likes to fishtail so I use the skeg intended for the Sevylor Tahiti. The skeg fits, but not very securely. It required a bit of engineering. The "directional strakes" on the bottom of the boat remain warped because when you fold it up, you fold the strakes as well. The nylon outer shell is heavy duty and protects the inner PVC. Overall, I'm happy with it as a stable and compact 25lb. fishing boat. I'm 5'8", 160 lbs. and the Rio fits me pretty well. I've paddled better boats, but with the skeg, the Rio isn't as bad as I was expecting. If I had the money I would have gone with an $750 Innova Sunny, but I got the Rio for only about $250. Easy math.