Submitted: 05-08-2007 by SwampThing18

I have had my new Pamlico out a few times and am ready to give it a great review.

I got this model because of the HUGE open cockpit. I am going to be using it for some scientific sampling, for which I need to tote gear along. I also plan to use it with my 4 year old in the front seat, so she can get out on the water. I wanted the space for gear, and 2nd seat for the kid, but NOT a canoe. This is the best of all worlds.

I've paddled it alone and with said 4 YO in the front seat. I love it either way! With the kid in the front, I threw all gear under the bow deck and pushed her seat forward to even out the weight a little. Worked brilliantly. Paddling alone, I just move the front seat back & voila- I've got a spacious kayak that is a little slower to get moving than my wife's Pungo 120, but once moving it's surprisingly quick and also easy to turn.

I read someone else's review that they spun in wind when alone. No offense meant, but we haven't had that problem at all. Paddled a wide open lake on a very windy day & had no more trouble with this than with the Pungo solo.

I wish it had a bulkhead in the back, but I'm told that was an option. Mine is a factory 2nd due to some scratches on the side, so I really can't complain with how much money I saved.

Simply put, I love this boat.