Submitted: 05-07-2007 by Herschel Payne

I am writing this review from the perspective of a canoeist - a purist who paddles a wood canvas canoe from a kneeling position and is very proficient. I bought my Klondike because I travel in a slide in truck camper and can not carry my canoe with this rig. In conditions where the wind would make travel impossible with my Chestnut Cruiser The Klondike just keeps moving along. I have read others say that this kayak is too much to handle solo, but I find it to be easier than a solo canoe in extreme conditions. It seems to me to be very efficient and I have never been windbound. I have been able to make progress in the worst conditions. The Klondike has room for all my equipment and the only negative I can complain about is the long assembly time and the difficulty of portaging the craft.