Submitted: 05-01-2007 by RiverMan

Nice boat. Had mine shipped to Louisiana from BC Canada. People at Western Canoeing and Kayaking were very easy to work with and concerned about providing me with a high quality boat in a custom order. Had the middle (3rd) seat installed for solo use. I am 6'0" and 300 lbs so I can solo this boat fairly well. This is my first canoe though and have nothing but rental boats to compare it to. Less stable initially than a Mad River explorer 16 but it MUCH faster than the explorer. I took this boat to Arkansas and got on a rock sideways in heavy current and in cracked the chine on the right and left side as the current "wrapped" the boat around the rock. I repaired it easily with very little deformity of the hull. Get a Royalex boat for the rocky streams or go with clippers more expensive Kevlar Duraflex. My boat is the standard ribless fiberglass layup witch is strong but rocks and heavy current still prevail. Overall I like the boat well. The finish on the Gel Coat was Grade-A and the boat was well done, I think. Great company to deal with.