Submitted: 04-30-2007 by PapaBear31

The OT Sport 14 is new to the Old town line ( it isn't even on there web yet). This boat is perfect for family outings and for taking out fishing lakes and calm rivers. The only reason that I give it an 8 and not a ten is because there was a bit of oil-canning and it did feel a little tippy...watch your sudden movements and you won't have a problem. Sure this is no speed demon, but that isn't what canoeing is about anyhow. I paddled with a buddy in front and it did fine. I paddled it solo from the stern seat and also did fine...wouldn't want to do it for a long period of time but if you are just looking to get out to a quick fishing spot you'll do just fine. This boat is pretty durable, comes with handy features built into it (six-pack cooler, paddle holder,and 6 inch dry hatch), and affordable($500 for the boat, two economy Carlisle paddles, and two Stearn's p.f.d.'s). I am sure my family will get years of enjoyment out of it! Keep your paddle wet!!!