Submitted: 04-25-2007 by Mike

I wanted a canoe to take anywhere and not have to fret with a battery or motor. I wanted a canoe easy to move around dangerous rapids and easy to get on top of my Cherokee. I wanted a small canoe that will carry me and enough stuff to see me thru several days. The Pack is that canoe. If there's a downside to the pack, it's the two trips it took me to get accustom to it's length. It turns RIGHT NOW when you nudge it in a different direction. Also, if you tilt it to the gunwale, it's going over. There is no "secondary stability," whereby one might save himself from getting wet by quickly righting the canoe--it the gunwale is at the surface of the water, there's no stopping it from going over. I found that out not by having an accidental spill, but by deliberately leaning to one side to see how far she'd go without dunking me. I would not take this canoe thru mean water, but for mild rapids and a good traveling canoe for one person, it's the best you can buy. My last trip was 10 miles downstream on calm water; the pack got me home safely and without wearing me out. Buy it, but don't expect to master it immediately. It took me about two hours to feel comfortable in the Pack.