Submitted: 04-23-2007 by Rob McCoy

Harmony Tortuga 228-240 adjustable. The reason I'm not giving this paddle a 9 or 10 is because I'm a novice at this kayaking thing & I'd hate for someone more learned than myself to go buy one of these on my scrutiny.

Compared to the paddle I started with this thing is a dream, lightweight & smooth. It's like it wants to dive in the water. The paddle slips into the water like an olympic diver, very little splash. Very important when you're fishing. I thought the smaller blades would be less powerful than the warclub I'd been paddling with before. Much to my surprise this thing pushes my Yak along faster than the big bladed beast I replaced.

If you're a connoisseur of paddles this may not tickle your fancy, however if you're looking for a good paddle at a reasonable price this is a good one. Fiberglass construction weight about 40 oz.