Submitted: 04-20-2007 by ziggi29
The Breeze is a great little boat! 4 years ago, I traded a Dagger Edisto in for a Breeze on the way home from a week-long trip. (As a novice, I foolishly thought that my starter boat was a kayak, not the flat-bottomed scow that it was- I had to borrow the Breeze's 'big sister', the Storm, to finish the River Rumble.) I paddled the Breeze 100+ miles during last year's Rumble (Wisconsin and Mississippi Rivers) and stayed in the middle of the pack with no problems. This boat readily handles everything from shallow marshes to Class 1-2 whitewater. The Breeze tracks well enough without the rudder, but CD's rudder system is a huge help when the water gets rough. This boat might not be the fastest or most graceful, but it does many things well, and would be a great choice for anyone looking for a rec boat. One complaint: neoprene hatch covers are a pain in the butt (just about got it... DRAT! the other side popped off!)