Submitted: 04-19-2007 by trigeek

My wife and I just got this boat several weeks ago. After reading all the stuff here about how hard it is to load, how hard it is to steer, how wet you get, yada, yada, ya. It is # 1 a sit on top kayak, you're gonna get wet, at least in my experience, the person in front with choppy water. It is hard to get on and off a roof top, but again, reference what it is, a sit on top tandem kayak that is "heavy", just get over it! As far as the sensitive steering, I have had no problem as this boat is very hands off. We opted for the turbo drives and cruising at 5 mph is easy with little effort, 4mph all day. We got the sail too and that makes things very nice, giving great breaks. Fishing is optimal due to cruising speed is great trolling speed. Not into trolling live or artificial baits, then anchor down, drop something on the bottom to drown and sit and read a book till the rod bends. Lots of storage, spaces everywhere to store inside or stowed with bungee. I eluded the loading by getting a small utility trailer and mounted roof top "J" bars on it and off wee go! a 3 foot lift is all that is required and I can do it all alone while the wife applies sunscreen and such! Great boat, killer workout and I'll have fresh fish more often with the old girl!