Submitted: 04-16-2007 by AJB

The other reviewers before me covered a lot of information, so i'll keep my review short and sweet. One can really appreciate the quality and workmanship Feathercraft puts into its products every time you take it out of the backpack (the bag itself a testament.) The Wisper is solidly built, assembles quickly, and is nimble and stable on the water (i'm pretty much a novice, and I have yet to feel like it is going to slip out from under me.) It tracks like an arrow, regardless of wind and waves (waves within reasonable size,) and the Sealskin provides an extremely dry ride. The foot bracing platform is comfortable and stable, though a little tough to figure out exactly when in the assembly process to install it. The cockpit is comfortable, but snug with the bracing bars installed (probably supposed to be.) The stern hatch makes gear access and assembly easier, and the optional bow hatch would as well (mine doesn't have a bow hatch.) I give this a kayak a 10. It's quick, stable, responsive, and is very aesthetically pleasing. I think it's downright cool to look at on and off the water.