Submitted: 04-13-2007 by ehtac

I built my first Mill Creek 15 from plans in 2002 and quickly did another. This is one tough boat. While you do need to keep your center of grav down if boat is unloaded. Put your gear in for a 4 day 3 night paddle and it is like a rock. I even take firewood along in the fall when it gets wet outside. I have paddled over 300 miles in this baby and it serves me well. I have rigged a spray skirt and have seen some rollers and breaking whitecaps - it handles them well. Open water crossing of 2-3 mile in stormy conditions make you pay attention but it does just great. When paddling in quartering waves or wind it can be a lot of work because of weathercocking, but you just have to keep going. My paddling buddy is faster in his "tupperware" 17 with rudder, but he never brings firewood or extra beverages. I LIKE this boat!