Submitted: 04-11-2007 by JHB

I have had the 2007 Carbon Glider for a few weeks now and am highly satisfied with its design, the quality of the layup, and its performance. I was looking for a fast sea kayak for fitness paddling and racing. I would recommend the Feathercraft rudder upgrade and toe controlled rudder that allows you to push off a solid platform. I like the fact the rudder lays flat on the deck when not deployed rather than it sticking up where it could be damaged. It also comes with a cleat that holds the rudder intact while deployed. The cockpit is large enough to allow knees to be up in the cockpit or to the side. It is also easy to do feet out landings and launchings. I did not get the day hatch option and do not miss it due to the amount of room behind the seat. The deck lines are perfect for holding a camelback hydration pack in a manner that does not interfere with paddling. It tracks well and I do not care that it does not edge like my hard chined boat. I handles open ocean conditions and boat wakes well even with a wing paddle. Seda's customer service is outstanding and I am very pleased with my purchase. I would not rate it a 10 as an all around BCU type boat but it is a 10 for what I bought it for.