Submitted: 04-09-2007 by APrice

I bought the Ripper last year and have had a great time in it. I'm usually on a river with class I and II rapids. This boat does well through rapids and on still water. I've even taken it through a class III+ and did fine. Its a great little boat. Very easy to manueuver through rapids and in surf. Expect to get wet if you're on a river. I've surfed with it also and it handled better than the Ocean Kayak Venus 10. We had a blast playing in the surf. I didn't have a problem with the hatch though it seems unnecessary. I did notice that some water gets into the hatch. I'd recommend it for kids of all ages. A fun boat and a great alternative to a sit-in (I have an Old Town Otter for cold weather). The price was great and I preferred this model to the Ocean Kayak models of similar length.