Submitted: 04-04-2007 by jws

I've had an NC 15 Excursion for two weeks and have had it out twice, once on flat water with an 8-10 knot breeze and once on coastal waters with a 4-7 foot swell and 2-4 foot shorebreak. Must say I don't trust the LT lay-up-got a 2" crack in the gelcoat unloading from my rack. I was also surprised that the boat weathercocked in a relatively light breeaze (8-10knots). Although the boat is indeed slow to broach on a breaking wave, it is also slow to turn in the same situation. The front bulkhhead leaks, and there are no tethers on the hatch covers. In addition, NC Kayaks only warranties the hull/deck seam for one year- a pretty short warranty for a boat the they say should last many years. The boat arrives covered with decals, and, unless you want to advertise NC Kayaks, plan on spending a couple of hours removing them. So, although I like the light weight and agree that his boat is quick for it's size, I can only give it a five out of ten.