Submitted: 04-04-2007 by kcdreamer

This is my first Kayak. I bought it for the Missouri Ultra Marathon race in July 2007. See Rivermiles.com for details on the 340 mile race in 100 hours on the Missouri river. I am a very large paddler 285# and this Kayak holds me with plenty of waterline left to spare. It is very stable. To me it is very fast and easy to get up to speed and stay there, but again it is my first one and I have only limited canoe paddling experience. I got mine with a rudder and am very glad that I did. I have owned it for 3 months and been out in it 8 times for 2-3 hour paddles so far. The seat is very comfortable and seems well made. It can be raised or lowered easily while underway with no problem. The rear day hatch as noted by others is not separate from the main rear hatch which is really not a major problem but would be nice if it was. I have had no leakage in my hatches or bulkheads and have fought some very big waves in this thing. I paddled with a Carolina Perception and felt that it was equal to it in speed and handling.