Submitted: 04-02-2007 by ChuckPeacock

I use my kayaks to fish out of, and the Dagger Crossover seemed like a good idea, a hybrid river type boat that could double as a tourer. Its highly maneuverable, and tough. Plenty of sealed storage in the back if you have the expedition model. Its a good looking boat and well made. All these good points were not enough to make me want to keep it. If you like to fish, you want to hold as straight a line as possible when you put the paddle down to take a cast. Not possible with this boat - the Crossover will do a 180 degree turn and leave you backwards, even with the skeg employed lots of veering over to either side, no predictability on which way it will go. I also have a Prijon Yukon - I've learned to paddle it without the rudder, and the Crossover was even worse than the Yukon which by now is famous for its spinning. If I were constantly paddling in mild whitewater and not fishing, it might be a good choice. But that is not my thing, so I took a loss on it to buy something better for my needs.