Submitted: 04-02-2007 by ChuckPeacock

If you have a short wide rec boat this cart is not bad, but for sit on top kayaks or hulls with different configurations on the bottom other than flat or slight v shapes, it might be more trouble than its worth. This past summer I tried to use the cart on my Wilderness Systems Ride, and it didn't work, same today with the Perception Napali that I bought, no good, slips and will not stay secure. Works ok on my Prijon Yukon, but still a little more work than I would like.

The concept seems like a good one as far as standing the cart diagonally on its ends and then righting it, but its a balancing act, and if you have the wrong shaped hull, forget it. It is also hard to get an air pump to fit on the valve, as there is very little space between it and the center of the wheel. Most pumps with a straight hose won't fit. The pins that hold the frame together will occassionally pop out and if you lose one, your out of luck - at least until you buy another.

Originally I liked it for the rec yaks, but it will not work for every hull shape. When you do a search on the net for carts, don't fall for the first ad you see that has the cheaper price. In this case, you get what you pay for, and for some boats, its just useless. Buyer beware.