Submitted: 04-02-2007 by HappyCamper

I bought two from a friend a year ago for family fun. I've shopped others lately and can't find anything even close to the gear capacity of this Kayak. Recently took a 22 mile trip on the Peace River, FL. We usually canoe so I'm guessing the handling complaints in previous posts are from Kayak veterans. This is my first and it blows canoe's away. Going solo in the Jo, it held about 90% of the gear the canoe would with two people. In a race against the two canoe paddlers, no contest. I've also made time against 2ft breakers into 15mph winds & a modest tide fully loaded. Not good time and it was work but time nonetheless. Could have used a rudder on that one but otherwise, again, better than a canoe.

We've loaded it with:
- 2 adults and 4 kids as a launch for our 38 sportfish
- Camping gear & 3 coolers for a 5 day solo trip
- Easily toss my 6ft cast net fishing off Sanibel.

I couldn't be more impressed and I've been searching for replacements that are newer, more versatile. There's no need, this kayak is the shizit. I plan on rigging them for a rudder and sail and keeping them for ever.