Submitted: 03-23-2007 by wakataka

I've been using a T2 for almost 2 years now and I have nothing but praise for the durability, light weight, feel and overall value of this paddle. I paddle frequently in shallow rivers and have banged it on rocks repeatedly with no apparent damage. The very light weight of this paddle makes a noticeable difference in my endurance and level of fatigue after a long day. The paddle has a stiff but slightly springy feel to it. It comes alive in your hands like a fine fly rod, with a little spring added to each stroke. I didn't expect this kind of feel from an aluminum paddle. It feels like graphite. Like most things, there are a few minor drawbacks. Aluminum will corrode if left unrinsed after use in saltwater, so have to be more diligent in rinsing it off than with a glass or graphite paddle.As someone another reviewer noted, the relatively flat blades make a little more noise than the more contoured blades on my other paddles. I do not believe this affects the efficiency of the paddle much because the blades get a good bite in the water. They just make more of a splash or slurp at the end of each stroke than my other paddles do. Lastly, it doesn't come with a hand grip but it's not too hard to make one. For the price / performance ratio, you can't beat this paddle. I'm going to buy a second one for my wife because I made the mistake of letting her try mine and she doesn't want to give it back!