Submitted: 03-15-2007 by Brant Furr

This boat is a very good boat, it was the first boat I had ever bought. I bought it second-hand, and it already had a skeg attached to the back. This summer I took a week long, 200+ mile trip on the Wabash River in this boat and it did a great job. I started the trip in the boat fairly overweight, and it still handled O.K. Just as the other reviews on this site say, with the skeg up it tends to turn when you stop paddling, but with the skeg down it is a whole new boat. It has very high initial stability and is a very good boat for the price I paid. A little bit heavy, but durable. I paddle the river near my house quite frequently. It has some class II rapids, and the boat does an excellent job. I would by lying if I said I had never nailed any rocks, and the boat has held up so far... All in all, a really good boat first time boat for me, and I recommend it to anyone else looking to do anything from day trips to multi-day outings on fairly flat rivers.

Bending Branches: